This post explains how you can easily create a list of your references using EndNote Online. Our pervious posts covered creating an account, adding reference information to your EndNote account and organising that information. If you have missed any of the pervious posts you can find them all at 5daysofendnote.wordpress.com
To create a reference list
- Click the Format tab. You will see the screen below (The Bibliography option on this tab is selected by default).
- Next to References: select the group you created. You can select any group or all your references.
- Next to Bibliographic style: this is where you need to select the reference style you want to use. If the style you need is not in the list follow the next three steps.
- Click the Select Favorites
- From the All list on the left select the style that you want to use.
There are some Swansea approved styles; APA 6th Swansea (an author date type style), Vancouver Swansea (numbered) and MHRA Swansea (footnotes).
- Click Copy to Favorites. They will then be added to the list of styles you see in the drop-down list for bibliographic style.
Once you have the selected the referencing style that you wish you use
- Select RTF from the File format drop-down list. This format can be opened in any word processor and gives a nicer format than plain text.
- Click the Save You will see a message asking if you want to save or open the file.
- Choose Open and you should see a formatted list of the items in your group.
Today you have quickly and easily create a list of your references in your chosen referencing style. Tomorrow you will learn how to use EndNote with Word to insert citations and references as you write your assignments.